Thursday, November 11, 2010

Review- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Copyright 2007

So I am a little behind, haha, but my girlfriends from college convinced me to make reading this book a priority on my reading list.  I'm so glad I picked it up!  This was my first read-through, and I just requested the second and third books from the library.  If you also have not read this book, definitely add it to your TBR list if you like paranormal.  This is great!  5 STARS!

By the way, is there a difference between fantasy and paranormal?  I have a friend who writes short science fiction who explained the difference between science fiction and fantasy, but I'm not sure how paranormal compares to fantasy.

In the meantime, I'm going to go crazy waiting for book two to come for me at the library!  I texted my friend and made her answer the heart wrenching question about Jace that I'm sure everyone else who read this book had.  Her answer gave me the strength to not freak out like I usually do when reading a series with cliffhangers.

On a surprising note (at least to me!), I'm really starting to like reading about love triangles and star-crossed lovers- as long as they have a happy ending.  I'm not sure how this series will end, but I just finally watched the series finale of Friends (I told you I was behind!) and needless to say, I'm on a little bit of a romantic high right now.

Please don't think that I've abandoned my blog!  I know I'm not posting very much right now, but I'm doing NaNoWriMo and I just took over in my student teaching position, so my time is very limited right now.  My priorities are getting seriously stretched:

1.  Student teaching position
2.  Grad school classes
3.  Tutoring business
4.  Working with youth at church
5.  Playing piano for church
6.  Reading to keep myself sane
7.  NaNoWriMo
8.  Blogging

As you can see, I have a lot going right now and although I enjoy all of it, it's hardly ever in balance!  Hopefully I'll get that worked out soon.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment