Friday, November 12, 2010

Series? - Book Blogger Hop

"If you find a book that looks interesting but is part of a series, do you always start with the first title?"


The answer to this is very easy for me.  Yes.  I always start with the first title.  I might buy the second or third book, but then I have to buy the first book or get it from the library.  I LOVE series.  SOMETIMES, however, it's not quite clear that the book is part of a series, particularly if it's a loose association and it doesn't say "Series X, Book 2" on the side.  THEN I read the books out of order and it makes me kind of grumpy.


If you are hopping by, leave a comment so I can come visit you, too!  Have an excellent Friday!

5 comments:

  1. Hopping by! I'm with you...I start with book one. Hope you come by and see my answer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm your newest follower from the hop & I'm glad I found your blog. It looks like we have lots of books in common! I'm looking forward to reading your reviews.

    Here's my blog if you'd like to check it out! Daisy Chain Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can dive right into the middle of a book series if the series' story
    doesn't run chronologically.

    That is to say, if each novel in a series is a stand-alone story (like Lee
    Child's Reacher novels) then I don't feel the need to start with book one.

    On the other hand, a series of books (like Richard Hatch's Battlestar
    Galactica novels) can't be read out of sequence since each new book builds
    upon the story of the previous entry in the series.

    Happy Book Blogger Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I'm new follower and a fellow Al(l)ison. Similar to you, I always try to read the first book of a series. Too confusing otherwise.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I have to always start with the first!

    ReplyDelete