Sunday, September 26, 2010

Review- Nicola and the Viscount by Meg Cabot

Published in 2002

I don't normally read romance novels, but as a Meg Cabot fan, I am trying to read some of her less popular work.  I was surprised to find that the hero of this book is pretty much identical to Michael Moscovitz of The Princess Diaries, particularly since this book was (according to Goodreads) published after.  Nicola, however, is nothing like Mia Thermopolis, so the story was not the same.  It did, however, follow the romance novel formula, so I don't think that a summary is necessary.

This book was a fun read, with Meg Cabot's signature voice shining through, and it actually made me think about some things going on in my life, which is not what I would expect from a romance novel.  This book is certainly appropriate for teenagers, probably even middle schoolers.

I recommend this as a fun, light read, and definitely good for all Meg Cabot fans. Four stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment