Thursday, July 7, 2011

MEG CABOT WEEK: Chick Lit Day!

To wrap up Meg Cabot Week here on La Petite Fille Rousse, I'd like to highlight two of Meg Cabot's adult series that I absolutely loved.

Heather Wells Series
Size 12 Is Not Fat, #1
Size 14 Is Not Fat Either, #2
Big Boned, #3

Heather Wells used to be a famous pop star, but now she is just your average assistant dorm director at a NYC college... well, except for the fact that people keep dying in her dorm.  Heather decides to get nosy and do a little bit of investigating herself, but what she finds is even weirder than what she expected.  While Heather's struggle with body image is part of her character, it's by no means the focus of these books.  This series features crazy college students doing very sketchy things.  I found this series to be hilarious and a little bit scary- these are my favorite books by Meg Cabot after The Princess Diaries.  I would strongly recommend these to anyone looking for chick lit with a mysterious kick.  According to her website, Meg Cabot is working on two more books in this series- I can't wait!


Queen of Babble Series
Queen of Babble, #1
Queen of Babble in the Big City, #2
Queen of Babble Gets Hitched, #3

This series is a lot of fun, but it's hard to describe.  Basically, Lizzie Nichols, your average twenty-something American woman doesn't really know what to do with her life.  She has kind of a big mouth, but as far as I can tell, the thing that stands out about her most is her love for vintage clothing and fashion.  That's probably my fav thing about this series- the amazing clothing descriptions... oh, and the super excellent series ending that blew my mind!  Queen of Babble is pretty typical chick lit (by this I meant that it doesn't have Meg Cabot's crazy premise spin of secret powers, etc.).  Writing this now makes me really want to reread the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment