Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Top Ten Tuesday
From The Broke and The Bookish
What ten books will you NEVER read?
1. The Secret by Rhonda Byrne- I'm not really a fan of this inner power stuff.
2. The Shining- Scary books (and movies) give me panic attacks.
3. Wicked- This is one that I actually gave up on. I'd love to see the musical, but this book was PAINFUL. I will never finish it because I found it so BORING and HARD TO FOLLOW.
4. Political non-fiction. I'm not interested.
5. Anything by Dawkins. Why would you read Dawkins when you can read Stephen Jay Gould? Seriously? Dawkins is just a very angry person.
6. Anime. My sister loves it, but I can't get into it.
7. Helter Skelter... would probably send me into a crazy fit.
8. War and Peace. No reason, other than my laziness.
9. Apparently Paris Hilton "wrote" a book?
10. The Host by S. Meyer. The summary turned me off.
Of course, there's no book that I absolutely won't read if there is a good reason to read it, so I imagine that I will have read some of these books by the time I die. This list is more like books that I skim over the titles at the used bookstore.