Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Review- Beastly by Alex Flinn

Published in 2007

Beastly is a modern day re-telling of Beauty and the Beast.  I was expecting just that, a simple fairy tale, but I found this book to be so AMAZING.  It's hard to express why- but I think it has something to do with how well the story flowed.  I never lost attention or was tempted to skip to the "good part."  The whole thing was good, and I enjoyed every page.  The book didn't try too hard to be "cool" like a lot of YA and chick lit seems to do, but it entertained my imagination wonderfully.

I recommend this book to everyone.  It's fun, delicious, and romantic.  I can't wait to read A Kiss in Time, also by Alex Flinn, about Sleeping Beauty.  5 STARS!

PS:  the movie comes out next March!!!  I've been looking forward to it for awhile- it looks great!

For those who have read it- what do you think about Adrian and Lindy's relationship?  Since it was founded around his control, will he always have control over her (similar to Edward and Bella)?  I know that he supposedly relinquished control, but something about the relationship still strikes me as being imbalanced with respect to power.  I'm just curious what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I"ve been wanting to read this one for awhile.I alos heard a lot fo good things about A Kiss in Time.

    ReplyDelete