Sunday, October 17, 2010

Review- Linger by Maggie Stiefvater (*Spoiler for Shiver*)



For the sake of writing a fair review, I am going to pretend that I like sad books, and give this book four stars.

Linger is the sequel to Shiver, which I reviewed previously.  I enjoyed reading Linger, and I found it to be a quick, relaxing read.  It continues the story of Sam and Grace and the wolves of Mercy Falls.  Basically in this book, (and here's the spoiler for **Shiver**), Sam has been cured of being a werewolf, so that's good, but Grace and Isabel found a dead wolf in the woods.  What killed the wolf?  What can Sam do with the strange new wolves that Beck got last year?  What does the future hold for Grace, who has developed the first headache of her entire life?

I enjoyed the easy romance of this book. It is relaxing to read about a couple with problems other than relationship problems.  Sam and Grace have a very intense relationship, not healthy for high school (discussion point?), but they are also very kind and loving to each other.

It's hard for me to review this book since I found the end so not to my liking, but I am definitely looking forward to the next book, Forever, which will be out NEXT JULY!!  I hate waiting for books...  :D

PS I think that this series actually qualifies for sci-fi status, rather than paranormal, because there is apparently a scientific cause and mechanism for the "disease."

No comments:

Post a Comment