Friday, September 3, 2010

Book Blogger Hop

Book Blogger Hop
Visit Crazy For Books for more info!


Do you judge a book by its cover?


Yes.  If I go into a legit bookstore with new books and beautiful covers, I could spend 2 hours oohing and ahhing over the books.  That said, if someone says a book with an ugly cover is great or vice versa, I will definitely listen to their opinion.


Great books with unattractive (to me) covers:


A book about an old man?  No thanks.
I love pink, but seriously.  This looks kind of cheap and garbage-y.



Not-so-great books with attractive covers:



























I hated this book.  But pink and green are my school colors, so I paid like 18 bucks or whatever for this stupid book.

DIAMONDS? I LOVE DIAMONDS!  Unfortunately, this is like the most boring chicklit ever.





7 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    Just hopping over via hop! I love your blog design it's so pretty! I'm sure to stop over some other time! Have a great weekend and happy reading!

    Til next time,
    Lisa (Badass Bookie) xx
    http://badassbookie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good cover is a great way to grab a reader's initial attention, but it's what's inside that gets us to buy it. I might pick up a book based on the cover, but I always leaf through and read a few pages before I decide to buy it. That being said - a pretty, shiny cover can definitely have me drooling. :)

    Here from the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the display of winners and losers for book covers. Still laughing and thinking girl you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO RIGHT!

    I am a COVERHOLIC and so I've bought books for the shelves just to stare at them. Bad bad bad PK. Will have to convince hubby that they came from Book Fairy, a good looking book fairy ;P

    Have a great weekend and keep writing since your humour flair is PERFECT!

    PK Reeves out
    Aisle B
    http://aisleb.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping by - just read some of your posts and I really like your insights. I'm following now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree - the brick and mortar stores make it hard not to judge by the cover, but a great review makes all the difference! I agree about all those covers you listed. Not a big fan of Prep though, lol.

    Stopping by on the hop! Happy Friday =)

    Casey
    The Bookish Type

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm an old follower hopping through. Great post, showing us some things you loved with bad covers and others you hated with good ones. I also judge books by their covers but will read books with bad covers.

    Have an awesome weekend! Don't forget to check out my new giveaway!

    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from the blog hop! Totally agree with you about "The Giver!" :) Awesome book ... not so awesome cover!

    ReplyDelete