Monday, August 16, 2010
Review- Slaughterhouse-Five by Vonnegut
1. Definitely a different kind of book- it goes back and forth in time and includes snippets of funny poems and songs
2. I love aliens
3. The satire makes this book a challenging and engaging read. What is Vonnegut really trying to communicate?
4. The story moves quickly and does not remain stuck in any one place (like in LOTR when the hobbits are walking in that bog forEVER)
5. This book is a modern classic so I feel more well-read now that I have conquered it.
1. Kind of gross.
2. Depressing (dark humor/satire)
3. There are no makeovers and no dancing.
4. I feel kind of empty after reading it, but I think that's the point.
5. Again, it was very crude.
Final verdict- 3 stars. I am glad I read it, and you should give it a try. I will not be reading it again, but I am going to try another Vonnegut novel, Cat's Cradle.
Have you read this book? I am really curious to see what you thought.