Friday, August 13, 2010

Review- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

I just finished this book, and it was absolutely amazing.  I wasn't sure that I would like it because I'm not always into dystopic books, but this book had action, romance, and challenged my thinking and reasoning as well.

I think that the main character, Katniss, has a well-developed personality.  She is strong, but not all tomboy.  I also love that she has flaws.  She makes bad judgments of both situations and people, but she never lets her failures disable her.  I wish that there was more about her friend Gale- perhaps that comes in book two.

This is a must read for everyone who enjoys reading, and, like Harry Potter, I would expect that even aliterate people would get something out of this book.  I have book two coming from the library in a few days, and needless to say, I can't wait!  I have heard that book two has a serious cliffhanger at the end, though!  I give this book 5 stars.

What did you think about it?

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I so want to read this book! I can't believe I haven't yet. And this is the perfect time to start the series, because I think Mockingjay is being released relatively soon. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree. I just finished re-reading and reviewing Catching Fire (the sequel) and was blown away by how it good it was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, to start out a blog, you definitely picked an awesome book to review first! I loved this book from the first page of the first novel to the last of the second. I am on pins and needles waiting for my copy of Mockingjay (already ordered from Borders.com). I completely agree with your review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I really must read this book asap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for The Hunger Games! I love this series so much and I'm counting the minutes until Mockingjay next week! I'm glad your enjoying these books:)

    ReplyDelete