Monday, May 30, 2011

My Blog Name

My boyfriend has always been confused by the title of my blog... when he talks about it, he usually calls it "La Petite zhazhoouuroouu" or something, stringing together vaguely French sounding syllables.  At BBC, I was asked several times about what the title meant or how I chose it, so I've decided to explain it.  I realize that I probably should have chosen a blog title that a) is in English and b) relates to books somehow, but I really do love my blog title.

La Petite Fille Rousse means "the little redheaded girl," or at least, I hope it does haha.  Since I look much younger than I am, whenever acquaintances refer to me, I usually get called "the little redheaded girl," which is kind of cute albeit also annoying.  I took French in middle school, high school, and college, and in all 50 essays that I wrote about myself, inevitably the same phrases would make it in, "Je suis une jeune fille rousse.  J'aime manger et danser.  Je voudrais voyager au Paris." When trying to come up with a title for my blog, it felt like all of the good ones were taken, (hello, Chick Loves Lit), so I chose something a little different.

How did you choose your blog name?  How do you feel about it now?

2 comments:

  1. Good question! To be honest my blog started out for the first two months as more of a personal blog. So I would mix feelings in with my books, then I changed my mind. So my blog name doesn't really go with my blog anymore. But I do actually have Anxiety and so I thought I would leave it the same because it's who I really am!

    Angie

    XOXO Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having met you, the title fits you perfectly! Nice meeting you at BBC. I believe we were having a discussion about bagels while waiting for it to begin. Originally, my blog name was going to be As the Pages Turn. But that was taken, and that's how I came up with As I Turn the Pages. I wouldn't change it, I like it the way it is.

    ReplyDelete