Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thoughts on Vampire Academy Series

I feel like I owe an explanation for not blogging for a a few days- I've been completely absorbed in the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead.  The last book (Last Sacrifice, #6) just came out, so I decided to follow up to reading the first book over the summer, and I got books 2-6 from the library and read them one after the other.

This series completely defied my expectations!  These books are wonderful- the plot has so many twists and turns that I could sometimes guess, sometimes not.  It's almost a shame that these are vampire books- because they bear that stigma, fewer people will read them.

Even if you think you aren't into vampires, consider reading these books- the characters are so rich that they feel like close friends now.  These books can hold their own, even up against The Mortal Instruments.  I give all of the 5 stars for excellent writing and an amazing love story that is both heart-wrenching and satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment