Thursday, December 23, 2010

Review- Matched by Ally Condie

First, let me say that this is a great book- it's very well-written, with great imagery and characterization.  It reminded me significantly of The Giver, by Lois Lowry, one of my favorite books of all time.  The cover is also my favorite cover for 2010!

I did get really stressed out reading it- which is expected for a dystopic book where you know that things won't end without a little heartache.  I really wish, however, that this was NOT going to be a trilogy.  One of the things that I like best about The Giver is that we only vaguely find out what happens to the main character in the second book, which is about an entirely new character in the same world.  I'm sure that if a sequel to Matched is actually written, it will be back in the same world with Cassia trudging through life, more pain for her family and friends, and I just don't want to go through that again.

I would recommend this to anyone who's interested- it was definitely worth the read.  I give it 3 stars, though, because I'm still feeling a bit ambivalent towards this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment