From The Broke and the Bookish
TOP TEN FAVORITE BOOK QUOTES
This might be difficult because the only book quotes that I have actually copied down are from when I read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn approximately 7 years ago. I also have a couple favorites from Dr. Seuss. I'll do my best to find some good ones, though!
1. "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better. It's not."-- from The Lorax. I actually have a friend who does graphic art, and for my graduation he made me a picture with this quote on it to hang in my classroom.
2. "A person's a person, no matter how small."-- from Horton Hears a Who
If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it...Nelly, I am Heathcliff! He's always, always in my mind: not as a pleasure, any more than I am always a pleasure to myself, but as my own being."-- Wuthering Heights (I have no idea why universe is underlined- I cut and pasted.)
7. "I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much. I write it down and Mango says goodbye sometimes. She does not hold me with both arms. She sets me free. One day I will pack my bags of books and paper. One day I will say goodbye to Mango. I am too strong for her to keep me here forever. One day I will go away."- Sandra Cisneros
8. "In Africa we having a saying, 'If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.' ...Before I go back home, I want you to consider us, Katie. Ponder what it would be like if we went together. Not alone and fast but together and far." Robin Jones Gunn
9. "Adventures are all very well in their place, but there's a lot to be said for regular meals and freedom from pain." -- Neil Gaiman
10. "I fell down."-- Tamora Pierce