Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Top Ten Tuesday!
A weekly meme by The Broke and the Bookish
The Top Ten Books I Can't Believe I've Never Read
(in no particular order, so I guess it's not technically the "top ten")
1. The Great Gatsby- somehow my English classes never covered this book, and I have been too lazy to get it from the library. Most people that I know have read it, including some people who don't like to read. What is wrong with me?
2. Gone With the Wind- My mother is a HUGE FAN of both the book and the movie, and I have seen the movie but not read the book. She's been on me to read it since I was 13, and I am just intimidated by its large size.
3. Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella- I have read every single one of her other books under this name (currently reading Twenties Girl because I JUST got a copy; no Madeleine Wickham books yet). I have loved all of them dearly, but when I read the first few pages of Remember Me? I just did not like them. I still need to give it a fair shot, though.
4. The Origin of Species- I majored in bio in college, and I have a huge intellectual crush on Darwin, but I have never read any of his beautiful writing.
5. Catching Fire- Okay, this one is not my fault. I requested it at the library like 6 weeks ago, but I am still number 3 on the list and too broke to buy it.
6. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo- same as number 5, except I'm like number 30 on the list, or something crazy like that. I started at 80-something.
7. Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson #2)- I loved the first book SOOO MUCH that I went to the store and bought books 2-4 (kids books are cheaper!). This was 2 months ago, and I still haven't finished book 2.
8. Macbeth- I refused to take AP Lang in high school, so when I got to AP Lit, everyone had taken AP Lang and read Macbeth except me. Needless to say, I developed a sort of complex when the teacher constantly referenced this play and I had no idea what she was talking about.
9. Shiver- just impatiently waiting to have time to read it, and feeling jealous of all the rave reviews. I want to enjoy it too!
10. Dr. Tatiana's Sex Advice to All Creation- this is a science trade book about sexual selection written as an advice column for various creatures including insects and birds. I bought it a year ago and still haven't read it. GRRRR to me.
So it was fun making this list, but now I'm kind of depressed about all the good books I am missing out on. Time to read, no time to waste!